“Light of the East-2” Ecumenical Pilgrimage
The Orientale Lumen Foundation and Viking Travel
October 17-28, 2016
Please join us as we celebrate the ecumenical dimensions of the papal encyclical Laudato Si’ and the environmental symposia of the Ecumenical Patriarchate. Based on the great success of the first pilgrimage, and encouragement from Pope Francis and Patriarch Bartholomew at our private audiences, we are retracing our steps in many ways, and adding a few extra features for returning pilgrims.
We are looking forward to this second “trip of a lifetime” organized to demonstrate how the Church should breathe with both lungs, East and West.
In addition to the major religious and cultural sites that we will visit, we will also have the opportunity to pray together, and meet religious leaders in both Rome and Constantinople (Istanbul, Turkey).
This is a nationally advertised pilgrimage, and space is limited. We expect many will want to participate, so sign up early to make sure you are not left out.
Metropolitan Kallistos of Diokleia
Father Thomas Loya
$2,999 pp, triple (land only); $3,399.00 pp, double (land only); $4,199.00 pp, single (land only) ($100 discount for deposits before December 31, 2015)
- 10 Nights Hotel accommodations in 4 Star Hotels
- 5 nights Rome, 5 nights Istanbul
- 15 Meals: 10 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 4 dinners
- All day charter boat on the Bosporous and to the Orthodox Monastery/Seminary on Halki
- Private Papal and Patriarchal Audience (subject to availability and schedule)
- Vatican Museum & The Sistine Chapel
- Holy Doors and the Basilicas of St. Peter, St. John Lateran, St. Mary Major, & St. Paul Outside the Walls
- Saint Sophia Ukrainian Catholic Cathedral
- Roman Forum, Colosseum & Pantheon
- Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque & Hippodrome
- Great Churches of Istanbul
- Grand Bazaar
- Flight from Rome to Istanbul included
EXCURSION TO CAPPADOCIA
Triple – $699 pp; Double = $799 pp; Single – $899 pp
- Three nights in 4 Star Hotels; Breakfast and Dinner
- Roundtrip Airfare from/to Istanbul
- Local transportation, tour guides and entrance fees
“CREATION: OUR SHARED INHERITANCE”
The Orientale Lumen EuroEast IV Conference will include six plenary sessions by Church leaders and theologians in Rome and Istanbul on the theme. ($295 additional payable to the OL Foundation)